Get auto insurance like a Cholo?
/ˈCHōlō/ noun – one with Indian blood.
Side to side. Lean now side to side.
IF we can learn anything from Native Americans it’s that the little guy always gets financial retribution one day, in this case how to get auto insurance cheap. ‘How’ is a greeting and nothing is worse than the greeting you get when your insurance premiums go up. Despite how well you’ve taken care of your driving record.
Depending on your zip code, your insurance rates will fluctuate up and down, be sky high or cheap as the dirt already on your property. Even if you’re an old grandma behind the wheel (no offense to our elders).
The bottom of this post, a zip submit text box and button. This is a tool to help you access multiple companies at once. Signup for auto insurance quotes at each so you can get the lowest price.
We recommend you greet the insurance man or woman with the following 5 ‘How’ of Negotiating Strategy.
- Negotiate, think about the last time your boss tried to get you to come in on a weekend, if you really want something (cheaper car insurance) you can get it. You’re hungry, you find food. Wants and needs. You must convince yourself you ‘need’ cheaper car insurance before you can convince someone else.
- Let them know their place. They are a sales people and nothing more. It is your responsibility to weed out the truth from sales people. They are just doing their job. So that’s the secret, ask questions about questions and eventually they’ll tell you everything. Make your decision to buy from there. Have you ever heard the saying, “Don’t show your behind?”
- Tell the agent what you expect. If it’s not possible you don’t need their help and can find help elsewhere. When an insurance agent knows you’re willing to back out no matter how they try to convince you otherwise, they’ll start throwing discounts and other information to help you.
- BE NICE! Don’t be too naive when asking how to get auto insurance. But there is nothing wrong with sounding like you are. Especially when you already know answers to certain questions. This is a great way to trick the insurance agent into thinking you know as much or more than they do. You can usually use this leverage to get cheaper insurance without actually knowing more than a few questions you set the agent up to lie about what you already know the answer about.
- It’s a game to get auto insurance. These companies are trying to learn how to get more money out of your pocket. Nothing is wrong with figuring out how to save that money from being picked out of your pocket. Don’t share too much information about your weaknesses to these agents. They are sales people, sharks. Don’t let them eat you and sell you an expensive policy.